Naveo is looking for a CFO. Naveo Commerce is the perfect end-to-end eCommerce solution: from first click, to hand-picked, to last mile, to doorstep smile. We are one of only a few companies globally able to offer the entire end-to-end commerce support to retailers and wholesalers. We also provide eCommerce website consultancy and implementation. Our partnership with Magento and EPiServer continues to operate as a core consulting arm under Maginus, a Naveo Commerce brand.
Reporting to the CEO, a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) manages the overall financial risks of a company or organisation. They oversee the preparation and compilation of financial reports and statements, plan and pursue positive business ventures, come up with strategies for internal growth, manage the company’s revenue effectively and watch over acquisitions and mergers.
The CFO must have 10+ years of experience in a senior management position working for a software/tech company. They must be familiar with the wide range of managerial activities and must have worked closely with PE investors. Experience within UK and EU companies is essential, and a good knowledge of US companies is highly desirable.
The Naveo Finance function is small and highly effective, consisting of UK office based staff and an outsourced function plus an outsourced Finnish team. Although this is a senior role, the CFO must be prepared to take a hands-on approach, rolling their sleeves up and getting involved in operational detail and analysis in all areas.
Their main duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing departments involved in the purchase, pricing, investments, debt management and accounts payable and receivable
- Providing leadership and guidance to the finance team, including all aspects of line management
- Providing recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive team
- Assisting in the processes of financial prediction and preparation of budgets
- Overseeing the preparation of financial reports
- Assisting the executive team on long-term financial and business planning
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external partners, stakeholders and investors
- Tracking cash flow and analysing the company’s financial weaknesses and strength, whilst proposing corrective actions
- Having experience in raising capital for business
- Developing tax and financial strategies
- Overseeing and being involved in budgeting processes
- Developing and analysing metrics that showcase the company’s performance
- Working with multiple departments, such as human resources, sales & marketing, professional services, product and customer/managed services.
- Maintaining relationships with key members of each team within the company
- Making reports that deal with potential risks and solutions as well as the company’s overall financial state and presents those reports to the executive board
- Analysing and making investments to ensure the company has a robust and profitable portfolio alongside managing investor relations
- There is also potential to take over the Company Secretarial duties and insurance responsbiltiies.
Chief Financial Officers generally need strong presentation skills to present reports to higher management officials. They also need good data analysis skills to perform audits and should have an in-depth understanding of government rules to ensure that all departments follow statutory and legal guidelines. A successful Chief Financial Officer will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications that typically include:
- Excellent financial forecasting skills
- Strong proficiency in various computer software, such as MS Word, MS Excel and other financial management software. Ability to use reporting tools for ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to strategise and devise solutions
- Impeccable analytical mindset and comfort working with numbers
- Excellent financial planning skills and budget improvement
- Honesty and integrity
Education and Training Requirements
- Candidates should have at a degree in finance, accounting, business management, business administration or a related field. For the right candidate, significant relevant experience in the tech/SaaS industry will be considered instead. Experience within a start up or nano-cap company is desirable. FP&A experience is essential.
- The CFO should also be fully qualified and be a current member of a recognised accounting body. The CFO must also be familiar with government laws and regulations, specifically all applicable accounting standards.
- Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
- Planning and organising – Prioritises and plans, considering the degree of uncertainty, resource availability and dependencies to ensure delivering within the time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Adaptability and flexibility – a willingness to be flexible in meeting the challenge of working across a diverse range of delivery teams. To manage uncertainty and adapt the programme, portfolio or project where required.
- Communication – able to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Recognises the importance of sharing and disseminating information and contacts
- Managing relationships – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people, including senior/executive level.
Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits Package Available.
If you want to be part of something big, we are ready and eager to move on this opportunity so send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible!