Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Project Manager to join a fast paced and growing team working in the professional services business unit within Maginus (a Naveo Commerce Company) – delivering projects within the brief, and without breaking the constraints of time, cost and functionality.
The candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience delivering eCommerce and/or ERP projects. This role requires working closely with other Project Managers within the company as well as with the design, business consultancy, development and testing disciplines.
The Project Manager will be accountable for delivering outcomes and ensuring that you and your team are on track while following a standard process, as defined by the Maginus Project Management and Delivery Framework. These are:
- Pre-sale – Working closely with the sales team to deliver RFP and sales proposals as well as attending presentations if required as well as creation. Generate SOW and Sale Agreements
- Initiating and mobilisation – Checking feasibility and working out budgets, teams and resources; set objectives in line with your organisation or client needs, which may include scope, content, timings and budget
- Planning – Setting goals, defining roles and producing schedules of tasks. Some tools, such as Gantt Charts and resource scheduling tool to create a visual project plan
- Executing – Managing the project
- Monitoring, controlling and financial – Tracking the project’s progress, monitor the work to make sure it is on time and within budget as well as providing and updating revenue forecasts, producing accurate invoices on time. Must have experience in managing budget change control.
- Risk and issues – Identify, manage, mitigate and escalate risks and issues to ensure delivery
- Reporting – Report regularly to management and the client, internal and external.
- Closing – Facilitating BAU handovers and evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for your next project.
Essential skills required for the project manager role:
- Excellent organisation skills to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines;
- Strong, resilant, interpersonal skills to motivate and lead the project team.
- The ability to monitor and control budgets.
- Good communication and negotiation skills to manage expectations as well as escalations communication.
- The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to use ‘best practice’ in all aspects of project management, with focus on practical results rather than process when required.
- Technical knowledge related to the project may also be an advantage.
- Ability to use ‘best practice’ in all aspects of project management, with focus on practical results rather than process.
Previous experience where the below standard methods and techniques was applied would be an advantage:
- Working with eCommerce solutions such as Magento, Magento2, Episerver and headless commerce solutions.
- PRINCE2 which is the commonly used accredited approach for end-to-end project management.
- Foundation, for project support staff
- Practitioner, for project managers
- Microsoft Sure Step/ Managing Microsoft Dynamics Implementations certification
- Professional qualifications through these organisations will also be considered:
- Association for Project Management (AMP)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) UK
- Demonstrate experience of leading ecommerce projects successfully (including leading teams, budgeting, planning, quality management, problem solving, reporting, managing risk) within a partner environment.
- IT implementation of eCommerce projects (nice to have ERP, CRM, POS Solutions).
- Work experience in managing resources, costs and people.
- Experience working in supporting roles, such as administrator, coordinator and scheduling positions would be considered.
- Good / expert knowledge of project lifecycle, techniques and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of benefits management and business change.
- Leadership – demonstrates the ability to make things happen and is focused on delivery. Builds a climate of trust with project teams and all other stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
- Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and wellreasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change
- Planning and organising – Prioritises and plans, taking into account the degree of uncertainty, resource availability and dependencies to ensure delivering within the time, cost and quality constraints.
- Adaptability and flexibility – a willingness to be flexible in meeting the challenge of working across a diverse range of delivery teams. To manage uncertainty and adapt the programme, portfolio or project where required.
- Negotiation and influencing – proven negotiation skills, ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Demonstrates the ability to draw from a range of influencing strategies to persuade people to achieve agreement or behavioural change. Listens to other points of view to gain understanding.
- Communication – able to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information. Recognises the importance of sharing and disseminating information and contacts. Must be able to deliver steering presentations.
- Managing relationships – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people, including senior/executive level. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team.
Sounds good, right? Drop your CV and anything else you’d like use to see to email@example.com
Notice that we will proceed with the most promising candidates right away, so act fast!