Maginus have been offering solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years. In 2019, an exciting chapter in in story commenced as part of being acquired and merged with Digital Foodie from Finland. The combined organisation is Naveo Commerce, and it offers solutions to support retailers in both the grocery and non-grocery markets. Naveo is an international organisation. This role will be centred around our UK operations, specifically within the Professional Services team. As such, you’ll be involved in helping to deliver projects to new clients, as well as supporting enhancements to existing customers.
In the UK, we deliver a variety of different solutions, including Adobe Magento, Episerver (Optimizely), Microsoft Dynamics and our own Maginus OMS product. Most of this role will be focused around the Magento and Episerver products, although working with other products will form part of the role. In the future, there will also be opportunity to get involved in the Grocery-centred solution. Alongside the suite of functional products we implement, there are also a number of tools we use for integrating those packages together (and with our clients’ other business systems).
The broad spectrum of products, business markets and countries Naveo work with means this role offers an exciting opportunity, with plenty of scope for gaining new skills and experience.
Maginus are looking for a QA Analyst to join their eCommerce team. In addition to QA experience, genuine enthusiasm is key to this role, so we hope to hear from applicants who enjoy researching the area, proactively furthering their skills and sharing and debating new ideas. We are also looking for someone who works well with people as we have a range of disciplines and abilities in house, so you will need to be well versed in communicating complex, technical matters, in a clear and concise manner.
A QA Analyst has a flair for identifying, highlighting, and aiding the resolution of issues before they are presented to the customer. They are a master of process and a ‘gatekeeper’ during the software development life cycle (SLDC), ensuring software meets both functional and behavioural requirements but also that the SDLC process is followed correctly and that corners are not cut. This role continues during releases and handover with the customer and in reviewing documentation. Additionally, as a QA Analyst has significant project, domain and product knowledge they often support or actively deliver training.
A QA Analyst may also be a specialist in an approach, process, domain or tool. This means a QA Analyst may actually work across several projects simultaneously in a specialist role.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- You love what you do, have a passion for technology and are up to date with the latest testing techniques and strategies
- You will have a background in web application testing and development
- You will have experience planning and implementing functional tests
- Ability to influence and challenge where appropriate
- Great attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload and manage time effectively, ensuring any key targets or deadlines are met
What you will do:
- Contribute to the delivery of solutions that are robust and flexible.
- You will be comfortable planning, writing and executing manual scripts.
- You will be able to analyse test results, perform exploratory testing, identify, and effectively report valid defects, issues and risks.
- You will work well as part of a team and be comfortable in documenting and communicating tests to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Take ownership of issues that have been identified, e.g. liaise with developers to ensure defects are fixed ready for re-test.
- You will take an active role in meetings with business users and stakeholders, discussing testing plans, activities, and progress.
- Help and support more junior colleagues, to assist and guide them, to ensure they understand and conform to best practice principles.
The successful candidate will:
- Have social versatility, be good at communicating within their team any slippage or blockage for work they are involved with.
- An ability to work and make decisions independently, providing solutions and anticipating/overcoming challenge.
- Be flexible, able to respond to changing business needs and can influence and challenge where appropriate
- Ability to multi-task effectively and have strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with escalating any issues where necessary and in a timely manner
- Willingness and ability to learn/understand different systems as required
Required Technical Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years of experience testing eCommerce platform/site software alongside a development team.
- Proficient in use of Agile development, Jira, Kanban and the Microsoft suite of products.
- Ability to run queries using SQL (SSMS).
- Data and API testing capabilities (using SoapUI, POSTman, Swagger).
- Experience testing using Multiple Browsers, Multiple Devices.
- Good knowledge of User Experience, Responsive Design.
- Experience in the use of one or both of Magento 2 or EPiServer commerce platforms would be highly beneficial, although candidates with deep experience of other eCommerce solutions would be considered.
Desirable Technical Knowledge
- Experience in CMS & Commerce
- Knowledge of iCore integration services
- Experience of order management / ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics or Maginus OMS
- Knowledge of automated testing (selenium, cypress or equivalent)
- Experience testing CMS platform (EPiServer / Magento)