Naveo Commerce, formerly known as Digital Goodie, offers you a chance to work in an inspiring and growing company that is changing the way we all shop and interact with stores. Our platform runs on top of a new generation microservices architecture consisting of modular commerce and fulfillment solutions. Together we are building world-class software for online retail in close touch with our local and international customers.
Due to continued business growth, we are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our Helsinki Managed Services team to support the implementation and ongoing maintenance of our innovative multi-cloud solutions for our growing customer base. Working in a dynamic environment with a range of technologies the role will enable the organisation to maximise service delivery, ensure high availability, performance optimisation and ensuring that services are efficient at accomplishing their duties, even as those duties scale and evolve.
If the following sounds good to you, then our company is a great fit for you:
- We have an agile culture instead of a corporate one and we like working with the latest technologies
- We value human interaction, relentless improvement and learning
- We are proud of the product we are creating
- We believe that simple and powerful features powered by API and cloud are the future
- We are easy-going and have a flexible working environment
- We believe it’s important to be able to truly be yourself at work
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, your regular responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in the deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of our public, private and hybrid cloud solutions to provide customers with access to our application stacks and services.
- Ensures continuous availability, performance, security, and scalability of production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across application domains and platforms
- Working with the CISO and security teams to make sure that our systems are continually protected against existing and emerging threats and that they meet both our and our customers compliance obligations.
- Involvement in ensuring that we continue to meet our customer SLAs, in a cost-effective manner
- Contribute to an evolution of team processes and approaches
- Regularly measuring and monitoring the service capability and capacity of our infrastructure, debugging to determine the source of anomalies, diagnose failures and fix/report unperformant requests.
- Performing and automating system log analysis to identify patterns of activity that represent risk, investigating and resolving.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisations
- Participate in an on-call rotation and be willing to jump on escalated issues as needed.
Ideally you have knowledge in…
- Public cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Cloud deployment tools and services – Jenkins, Helm, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Docker Containers, Kops, API Gateway, PostgreSQL, BitBucket and Lambda
- It is seen as a plus if you have knowledge in Go, Python, Ruby and/or Node.js languages
- Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Open Tracing and system monitoring tools (Newrelic, Datadog, pingdom)
- Infrastructure automation and CD/CI pipelines
- Fluent in English
Interested? Drop your CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org