Due to continued business growth, we are looking for an experienced Technical Services Manager to join our Managed Services team working on innovative multi-cloud solutions for our growing customer base. The role will involves working on new customer implementations and maintenance of existing customers and internal platforms to ensure their on going stability and reliability. Working in a dynamic environment with a range of technologies the role will enable the organisation to maximise service delivery, ensure high availability, performance optimisation and ensure that services are efficient at accomplishing their duties.
- Ensure effective team working by seeking input from team members and will support team members (technically and operationally) in achieving continuous improvement – procedural, operational and system improvements.
- Ensure all Managed Services provisions are delivered on time and in accordance with Naveo Commerce policies for both internal and external stakeholders in a cost-effective manner.
- Work with project teams ensuring technical services activities are regularly monitored and milestones are met.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the Managed Services function by sharing knowledge, experience and expertise with the team and other business unit team leads.
- Assess opportunities for improvements to procedures by pro-actively offering ideas and solutions.
- Work with our Support team and act as an escalation level for problem support, management, resolution and communication as appropriate.
- Work with the Professional Services and Product team leads to ensure all aspects of the department “business as usual” operations can be maintained to meet key SLAs
- Work with the CISO and security teams, ensuring compliance with latest policies, legislation and best practice
- Manage and liaise with 3rd party suppliers and vendors
- Good academic background with a degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology, Computing or another relevant subject would be an advantage.
- ITIL framework relating to incidents, problems and the change management life cycle.
- Experience in leading and developing teams within a managed services environment or MSP
- A working knowledge of private and public cloud technologies such as OCI, Microsoft Azure, AWS.
- Hands-on experience with technical expertise across their technology stack which includes: –
- Networking Equipment
- Load Balancers
- Dell/EMC Storage
- Clustered Hyper-V solutions and virtualisation
- Cloud and Hybrid Data Centres
- MS Servers, AD, Exchange, O365 Experience of Application
- Performance Monitoring (APM) and system monitoring tools
- SQL/Oracle DB
- Experience working as an Oracle Technical Lead for Oracle Applications (on-premise and cloud) is considered an advantage.
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code involving the creation and maintenance of cloud-deployment infrastructure is considered an advantage.
- Skilled problem solving capabilities – with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Leadership – ability to encourage effective team working by seeking input from team members and will support team members (technically and operationally) in achieving continuous improvement by encouraging ideas and recommendations for procedural, operational and system improvements. Motivating, coaching and developing the team members.
- Knowledgeable – Actively maintains and develops knowledge about key developments in areas of expertise; establishes processes or routines to regularly obtain business intelligence on new trends, technologies and developments; sees challenges as opportunities to learn and uses or initiates experiences to enhance skills and behaviour; proactively seeks on-the-job development.
- Communication – must be able to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles both written and verbal. Recognising the importance of sharing and disseminating information and contacts is key.
- Prioritisation – must possess the ability to work in an environment with changing priorities.
- Proactive – a proactive approach to work and be able to identify issues before they happen and recommend procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Attitude – A can-do attitude and sense of urgency for a high growth/ fast paced environment; must demonstrate the ability to self-start and show desire to drive issues through to resolution.
- Adaptability and flexibility – must display a willingness to be flexible in meeting the challenge of working across a diverse range of products and platforms.
- Relationships – must be capable of building and maintaining strong relationships; providing support and guidance where required, also must apply the same effectiveness to working relationships with a range of people across the team and organisation; effectively influences within and outside the team.
Interested? Drop your CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org